Here is a fun and easy recipe for making playdough with your kids. They can choose the colour by using different kinds of kool-aid (which also makes it smell good!)
2 cups flour (more if it turns out too gooey/sticky)
1 cup salt
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups boiling water
food colouring or 2 packages of kool-aid
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Mix dry ingredients (flour, salt, cream of tartar) together in a non-plastic bowl.
2. Mix wet ingredients together (water, food colouring, oil).
3. Cream wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a spoon. It may appear a bit lumpy but can be kneaded by hand once it has cooled enough to touch.
4. If it is too gooey or sticky, add a bit more flour until it is the right consistency.
5. Once it has cooled, place the playdough in a plastic ziploc bag or in a plastic container.