Categories: Family Fun
Just follow these simple instructions but make sure there's always an adult involved since you have to boil the syrup and we don't want anyone getting burned.
Everything you will need:
(1) Line a baking sheet with fresh clean snow and pat it down.
(2) Pour the maple syrup into a small stainless steel pot and bring to a boil slowly. Using a candy thermometer, monitor the temperature of the syrup. You must bring it to a temperature of 232 degrees Fahrenheit (soft ball stage) before it is ready to pour. Be patient this takes time.
(3) Pour the maple syrup onto the snow in lines and place a popsicle stick at one end.
(4) Leave the maple syrup on the snow for a minimum of 25 seconds allowing for the syrup to freeze.
(5) After 25 - 30 seconds begin rolling slowly by pressing down on the popsicle stick while rolling.
To find a maple syrup producer or a maple festival near you, visit the Ontario Maple website here.